Join our successful team! Monitor this page for any new vacancies that we have.
How to apply:
For all vacancies advertised, please send CV and cover letter to:
Terry Group Ltd
Longridge Trading Estate
Or email to – firstname.lastname@example.org
Installation, Service & Repair Engineer – Bristol/Gloucestershire area
If you are looking for a new career, family owned Lift manufacturer, Terry Lift Group, requires an experienced Installation, Service and Repair Engineer based in the Bristol/Gloucestershire area.
You will enjoy working within a challenging environment and be comfortable working around equipment which is electrical and mechanical. Full product training will be given.
Most important is an open-mindedness, willingness to provide colleagues with the highest levels of support and a genuine desire to assist a successful team in achieving an ever-increasing demand for our products.
In return, you can expect a competitive package including a company pension and career path with annual pay increases. You will be put on a comprehensive in-house training programme to bring you fully up-to-speed with the small range of products manufactured. On-going support will be provided to ensure you maintain your skills and can deliver to the the company’s high standards.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Domestic / Platform Lift Experience Essential
- A methodical approach to problem solving
- Pleasant manner and an ability to deal with customers in a professional manner
- Full driving licence
- Willingness to learn new skills
- CSCS Skilled Worker card
Desirable Skills base:
- NVQ Level 2 in Platform Lift Installation, Service and Repair (or willingness to be trained)
The role primarily involves the Installation, Service and Repair of a range of access products including
- Domestic through the floor lifts
- Non-enclosed lifting platforms
- Step lifts
- Wheelchair platform Stairlifts
- The role does involve travel and applicants must be prepared to stay away from home when required.
- The position also involves being available on a rota basis for out-of-hours calls and this may include weekends and Bank Holidays.
You will receive:-
- Salary dependent on qualifications and experience plus overtime
- Company Van (for business use only)
- Working rota of 39 hours per week Monday to Friday, plus overtime
- 22 days holiday per year, plus statutory bank holidays & birthday
- Company pension scheme
- 2 years death-in-service benefit
If you are looking for a new career, family owned Lift manufacturer Terry Lift Group requires an experienced Design Engineer to join our busy and diverse team.
The role will include responsibility for new projects and the on-going development of current products. The successful candidate will contribute to our success by working not only on their own initiative, but also by working with other departments in the business, our suppliers and customers.
Most important is an open-mindedness and willingness to provide colleagues with the highest levels of support and a genuine desire to assist a successful team in achieving an ever increasing demand for its products. You will enjoy working within a challenging environment.
In return you can expect a competitive package including a company pension and death-in-service benefit. You will be put on a comprehensive in-house training programme to get you fully up-to-speed with the wide range of products manufactured. On-going support will be provided to ensure you maintain the company’s high standards.
Essential Skills and Experience includes:
- UK based degree in Engineering, Physics or Maths.
- Minimum 1 year industrial experience in a Design Engineer role.
- Well-motivated and creative.
- Able to demonstrate lateral thinking.
- An excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work under pressure.
- IT Literate, including competence with Microsoft Office.
- Proficient at working with spreadsheets.
Desirable Experience Includes:
- Training and/or experience in Manufacturing Engineering.
- Hands-on experience with machining, welding, carpentry or mechanical assembly would be beneficial.
- Working knowledge or interest in electrics would be beneficial.
- Using PTC CREO 3D CAD package to design new products and mechanisms, and modify existing parts.
- Value engineering projects.
- Contributing to design discussions.
- Performing calculations to verify designs.
- Progressing projects for new parts and assemblies from a conceptual design through into production.
- Carrying out testing and quality checks on both new and existing parts.
- Responsibility for the creation of new bills of materials and the manipulation of existing bills.
- Liaising with suppliers with regards to parts manufacture, delivery and cost.
- Completing documentation for products including test certificates, user manuals and assembly instructions.
- Creating technical drawings for both new and existing parts.
- Salary dependent on qualifications and experience
- Company Pension Scheme.
- 22 days holiday per year plus statutory bank holidays and birthday.
- 2 years’ death-in-service benefit from first day of employment to age 65.
- 39 hour working week.
The Terry Group Ltd confirms its commitment to a comprehensive policy of Equal Opportunities in employment in which individuals are selected and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities and are given Equal Opportunities within the Company. The aim of this policy is to ensure that no job applicant or employee should receive less favourable treatment on any grounds not relevant to good employment practice. The Terry Group Ltd is committed to a programme of action to make this policy fully effective. It is the Terry Group Ltd’s policy as an employer to treat all people equally irrespective of race, ethnic origin, sex, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, creed, disability, age or political belief.