Terry Group Ltd believes your personal data is a precious commodity and it is your right to have total transparency and control over how we use it. To ensure that your personal data stays safe in our hands we follow robust data privacy and security safeguards to ensure that your personal data is protected to the most reasonable extent we can.
This notice outlines what personal data we collect, how we use it and the safeguards we put in place to protect it.
Should you have any concerns or wish to request access to the personal data we hold on you please feel free to contact us at email@example.com , via our Contact page or by post at the following address:
Data Protection Officer
Terry Group Ltd
1 Longridge Trading Estate
We review this Privacy Notice on a regular basis and it was last reviewed in March 2018. The most current version is displayed on our website. If a revision meaningfully impacts your rights or freedoms in relation to data protection, we will aim to notify you beforehand allowing you to make an informed decision on how to proceed.
Our Commitments on Privacy to You
Terry Group Ltd are committed to your data privacy and security. As such we give you these promises:
- We will only collect data about you that is relevant and necessary for the purpose we needed to collect it.
- Your data will only be held on systems that meet or exceed compliance standards.
- Your data will only be accessed by those who need access to it to ensure the best possible service is delivered to you.
- We will minimise the amount of your data that’s processed wherever possible.
- We won’t share or sell your personal data to any third party unless either you have agreed, where we are required to by law or where we need to in order to fulfil our service commitments to you through a third party and that third party meets our own strict privacy standards.
- We will always remember that it is your personal data, not ours. As such we will ensure complete transparency and openness with you.
- We will respect your rights as outlined below and will respond to all requests regarding your personal data promptly.
You have the following rights over the personal data Terry Group Ltd holds about you:
- The right to be informed – We will aim to keep you informed about what, why and in what way we will process your personal data. This will be outlined within this privacy notice and you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the address at the top of this notice to obtain further clarity should you wish.
- The right of access – You can contact us at email@example.com or at the address at the top of this notice to learn what Personally Identifiable Information we hold about you.
- The right to rectification – Should there be any inaccuracies or errors within the personal information we hold about you then you can contact us to have them corrected.
- The right to erasure – You can request that we remove any personal data we hold on you, subject to legal and/or statutory requirements.
- The right to restrict processing – You can instruct us, subject to any legal or statutory reasons, to stop any further processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability – You can ask for your personal data from us in machine readable format or have it sent to another organisation of your choice.
- The right to object – You can object to us processing your personal data at any point.
- Right against automated decision making or profiling – You can be assured that we do not make any automated decisions about you.
How do we collect data?
Terry Group Ltd collects information about you in two key ways –
- Passive Data Collection – Where you volunteer information to us; via our website, email us, call us, meet one of us at events or meetings or approach us on social media.
- Proactive Data Collection – This is data about you that we may hold from referrals, resellers, or lawful marketing activity, that you have agreed to previously via those avenues.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer. They help our website to identify your device when you visit. This enables us to store your preferences, so we can customise your experience.
It also helps us track usage information – for example seeing how certain pages are consumed to ensure we deliver informative and useful information. It also allows us to see how long people spend on our website.
These cookies don’t give us access to your computer or any information about you other than what you choose to share.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. You can find out more about Cookies by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
What data do we collect?
Terry Group Ltd will always aim to minimise the personal data we hold on you, this is typically restricted to:
Your personal contact details – Name, email address, phone numbers, business related social media pages such as LinkedIn, source of your data and legal reason for the holding of your information.
Your company details – as above but also address, website and other public held information including credit rating and invoicing details if relevant.
Transmitted information – such as emails, SMS texts, direct messaging, phone call information and recordings, voice mails, email, meeting notes and document tracking information.
Where is this data stored?
Terry Group Ltd stores data on encrypted systems, which are on-premise and on secure hosted cloud services, data is also encrypted in transit and at rest. As we use secure hosted cloud services, some data will either be in UK and EU data centres or on US based servers that are covered by Privacy Shield Agreements. Where data is stored outside of the geographical boundaries of the EU, it will only be in countries that are on the UK Information Commissioners Office adequate countries list.
We regularly review suppliers for data security compliance to ensure your data is safe and track where your data is held.
We have a policy to very rarely print out or otherwise physically write any personal data. If these physical methods are used, we ensure that the paper, when it is finished with, that it is destroyed by shredding and recycled accordingly.
How do we use the data?
Terry Group Ltd uses your data in the following ways:
- To fulfil contractual arrangements or agreed purposes.
- Telephone calls may be recorded for legal, statutory & contractual information holding, quality and dispute resolution purposes.
- Our email, messaging, document management and file systems are used for legal and/or statutory, and contractual purposes.
- Website analytics are used for information purposes only.
All our processes are mapped and are subject to internal policies to ensure your data privacy and security.
How long do we store data?
Subject to any legal, statutory, or contractual requirements for data retention, the data retention policy at Terry Group Ltd is as follows:
- 12 months for any prospect marketing data unless responded to by the data subject in which case 12 months from the last contact.
- 36 months following the end of any Contractual Agreement with a client.
- 12 months for all supplier, reseller or other contacts not covered above from point of the last contact.
- 30 days maximum for CCTV data.
How do I change my data permissions?
Replying to any email sent from Terry Group Ltd requesting your details be removed, will allow you to opt out of receiving emails from us except for the purposes of fulfilling any legal, statutory, contractual arrangements, or legitimate interest communications.
You can send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request to opt in/out of marketing, or to view, export or delete your data. You can also send a request by post to the following address:
Data Protection Officer
Terry Group Ltd
1 Longridge Trading Estate
If you make a valid request for your data to be deleted, all your data, except your name and email address will be removed. Your name and email address will be added to an exceptions list to ensure you do not get bothered by us in the future.
Terry Group Ltd will never share or sell your personal data with any third parties for marketing purposes.
We will only share information where agents, resellers, suppliers or contractors are involved in the delivery of your contracted services with Terry Group Ltd. Where we do share your data in such cases we will firstly aim to minimise and/or anonymise the data to the fullest extent possible.
The website of Terry Group Ltd and any materials sent to you by us may contain links to other websites. Terry Group Ltd are not responsible for the content or your data privacy on these sites and we would recommend you view the privacy policies of any of those websites.
I would recommend Terry lifts to anyone looking for a lift. Very profession
I had an excellent service from Terry Lifts. The staff were very friendly and the fitters were excellent and thoughtful.
We had a fantastic service from our first enquiry to visiting Terry Lifts’ factory and finally to installation.