Posted: 4th May 2016
If you’re looking to purchase a new platform lift for domestic or public access use, there are many things you should be considering.
This infographic will outline a ten-step buying process to guide you smoothly through the purchase of your lift.
1. Determine if you need a lift or if there is room for a ramp.
2. Consider what type of lift you require: Domestic Wheelchair Lifts/Commercial Lifts/Home Lifts.
3. Measure the space in which you want to install the lift.
4. Measure the lift travel. This will determine whether the lift should be enclosed or unenclosed.
5. Choose the right lift company. An established UK manufacturer would be preferable.
6. Check that the company you select are ISO9000 approved and are members of LEIA (Lift & Escalator Industry Association).
7. Check to see if the product complies to the relevant industry standards, e.g. BS6440:2011
8. Verify the history of your chosen supplier and ensure that they have an established track record.
9. Establish whether you require the gates to be automatic for independent use.
10. Enquire about service and maintenance costs.
and safety standards
Member of LEIA (Lifts
& Escalator Industry Association)
Proudly Designed and
Manufactured in Britain